TRYOUTS - Wednesday, August 30th 5:00 PM check-in, 5:30-8:00 PM Tryouts
Fall Youth Program is designed to give the Jr. High & Youth players quality volleyball training and team experience to prepare for their Jr. High school try-outs and season. At the same time, the Fall Youth program helps prepare players who will be trying out to play in the much larger Spring Youth club season at Illini Elite.
The Fall program is open to all 5th through 8th grade players. All new players are
welcome! It is not required to have played with Illini Elite before.
Players will be divided into teams of 8-10 players based on grade and ability.
Practice starts Wednesday, September 6th at 5:30 PM at the Illini Elite Training Center.
Practices will be twice per week:
- Wednesday Nights - 5:30-7:30 PM
- Saturday Afternoons - Times may vary, but the typical start time will be 3:00 PM and will go until 5:30 PM
These practice times may vary slighly if we need to add an extra sessions due to a higher than expected turnout. If this occurs practices will most likely be adjusted by a half hour (i.e 5:00-7:00 and 7:00-9:00). The final practice date will be Wednesday, October 21st.
A Fall Youth Program Practice Calendar will be posted on the Practice Schedule page on the Illini Elite website shortly after the first practice once all sign-ups are done.
Cost: $395 per player
No tryout is required for this program. All 6th, 7th, 8th grade players are welcome to join. This program has an individual skills training focus to prepare players for their Junior High School tryouts in the winter. In total there are 10 training sessions/practices, 2 hours each, which equals 20 total hours of gym time. Practice/Training sessions will be Sundays from 1:00-3:00 PM on the following dates:
Sunday, September 10th (1st practice/training session)
Sunday, September 17th
Sunday, September 24th
Sunday, October 1st
Sunday, October 8th
Sunday, October 15th
Sunday, October 22nd
Sunday, October 29th
Sunday, November 5th (late start 3:30-5:30)
Sunday, November 19th (final practice/training session)
***(note: no SJHP practice Sunday, November 12th)
Practices/training session will consist of extensive individual skill training along with some basic team concept practice. All practices will cover the basic skills including overhand passing, underhand passing, serving, attacking, digging and more. Most sessions will also include specialized position training for setters, hitters and defensive specialists. Program participants will not be placed on teams and will not play in any competitions, but practices may include gameplay and team concept drills to help prepare for their Junior High School team tryouts.
ELITE TEAM TRAINING PROGRAM
Monday Night Junior High Clinics
Friday Night Junior High Clinics
Saturday Mini-Volleyball and VolleyTots
- MAS1 - 5:00-6:30 Sept. 11-Oct. 2: $75
- MAS2 - 5:00-6:30 Oct. 9 - Oct.30: $75
- MSK1 - 6:30-8:00 Sept. 11-Oct. 2: $75
- MSK2 - 6:30-8:00 Oct. 9-Oct. 30: $75
- MSE2 - 6:30-8:00 Oct. 9-Oct.30: $75
- FAS1 - 6:30-8:00 Sept. 15-Oct. 6: $75
- FAS2 - 6:30-8:00 Oct. 13-Nov. 3: $75
- FSK1 - 5:00-6:30 Sept. 15-Oct. 6: $75
- FSK2 - 5:00-6:30 Oct. 13-Nov. 3: $75
- MV1 - 1:00-2:30 Sept. 9-Oct. 7: $60 (no class on 9/23)
- MV2 -1:00-2:30 Oct. 15-Nov. 5: $60
TRYOUTS - Sunday, August 27th 3:00 PM check-in, 3:30-6:30 PM
The Illini Elite Junior High Elite Team Training Program (ETTP) returns for 2017-18! The goal of ETTP is to prepare selected 7th and 8th graders for the 2018 Spring Youth Elite teams which will be traveling to the 2018 AAU National Championships in Orlando, Florida in June. Last year marked the fourth time we sent our Junior High Elite teams to AAU’s. Three years ago, our 14 Black team came home with the 3rd place trophy in the 14 Club Division! In most areas of the country, junior high volleyball players play their school season in the fall at the same time as the high school players. As a result, most clubs are able to start their junior high club seasons in December. Due to the IESA Junior High girls’ volleyball season being in the winter, our club teams cannot start until the spring. For a number of years we discussed giving our Elite youth teams the opportunity to compete at the AAU National Championships, but felt that with such a short club season, our teams may not be prepared to do so. The ETTP helped prepare our Junior High Elite team players for that competition. The ETTP not only helps prepare our players for an expanded Spring season, but also helped them in their own junior high seasons without interfering with the players’ school teams and practices. Participation in this training program does not guarantee a spot on one of the 2017 Spring Youth Elite teams (players will still need to tryout for the Spring program), but it will certainly improve their chances because of the individual skill training they will receive. The IESA changed the rules a couple of years ago so players are now allowed to be on non-school teams/programs during their school season in the same sport provided the individual schools do not have a policy against it. Program highlights include:
- Advanced training, practice, competition for those players who would like to be on one of the 2018 Spring Youth Elite teams who will compete at the 2018 AAU National Championship in Orlando, FL in June.
- 40+ hours of training, practice, and competition from September to mid December.
- Practice once per week: Every Sunday from 3:00-6:00 PM from September 10th to December 3rd (13 practices). After December 3rd, we may try to have a practice or two based on the availability of the gym.
- No fee to tryout. Players who are accepted into the program will receive a payment/accounting sheet after tryouts on August 27th. The payment sheets will be turned in at the first practice Sunday, September 10th.
Online Registration is now OPEN